Jane Collins Marriage Celebrant and Justice of the Peace


Weddings, Renewal of Vows
Naming Ceremonies 
and many others -

lets make it Legal - what do you need

You must be over 18 years of age to be married in Australia, and you will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form atleast one (1) month before the wedding and no longer than 18 months before.  

I will provide the forms, which can all be completed at our first meeting.


  • Photo ID eg: drivers license, passport or proof of age/photo card.
  • Original copies of proof of your place and date of birth.  This may be your birth certificate or, as of 1 July 2014, your passport.
  • Original copies of evidence of the end of any previous marriages.  ie:  death certificate or nullity or dissolution documents if divorced.
  • The full names of your two witnesses aged 18 years and over.

If you do not have original documents You must apply to the registry of BDM (Births, Deaths and Marriages) in the State or Territory in which you were born to obtain an official copy of your birth certificate. (Fees may apply)

Note:  If you have a passport, as of 1 July 2014, you may use your passport as evidence of your place and date of birth.

I do not have my original divorce certificate, what do I do?

You must contact the court in which your divorce was processed and obtain an official copy of your court issued divorce document.  Depending on when your divorce took place, this could be a 'decree absolute', 'certificate of divorce' or 'divorce order'.